Vital offers services to keep you healthy. Vital works with First Medical, who coordinate with you and your doctors to help you access services you need.
You can start getting services as soon as your Medicaid Office tells that you are eligible for the Government Health Program. You don’t have to wait.
As a Vital enrollee, you have a variety of health care benefits and services available to you. Not everyone in Vital has the same benefits. The benefits that are covered for you depend on the group you’re in. Your ID card will tell you what coverage you can get.
Listed below are the services that Vital covers. Some services may have limits. Call First Medical at 1-844-347-7800; TTY/TDD users should call 1-844-347-7805, if you want more information.
- Routine doctor office visits, checkups, and sick visits
- Well-baby visits, well-child visits, and vaccines
- Tests, studies, laboratories, and X-rays
- Preventive services, including mammogram, colonoscopy, and well visits for healthy adults
- OB/GYN exams and annual Pap tests
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) services, including periodic preventive health screenings and other necessary diagnostic and treatment services for enrollees under the ages of twenty-one (21).
- Nutritional evaluations and tests
- Vision and hearing test
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Family planning
- Health certificates
- Dental services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Physician home visits
- Care management and care coordination services
- Emergency services
- Post-stabilization services
- Mental health services
- Visits to specialists
- Community health clinic services
- Hospital: inpatient and/or outpatient care
- Mental health hospitalization and partial hospitalization
- Ambulatory service center services
- Surgery: inpatient and/or outpatient
- Ambulance services
- Outpatient rehabilitation services